Thursday, January 29, 2009

More shots from Sean

This is another shot sent to me from Sean in the US. This is Brighton's seafront and the white building is a restaurant called Al Fresco. Great views out to sea from the dining area.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Horsing Around

Today's colourful snap is taken by Franziska, and very grateful I am too for brightening up our day here in rainy Brighton.

She says "A few of my favourite views in/of Brighton attached for your blog if you still need some pictures.

I am out of camera at the moment, I think it spent too much time in Fiji lately and the humidity has affected its ability to focus. Guess I need a new one it's bugging me not being able to take pictures. My phone camera isn't too bad but not great either. "

Thanks again for the post Franziska and we'd be happy to welcome you back to Brighton any time.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brighton at night

Our next entry is submitted by Sean from Raleigh in the US - and very kind he was too as he's sent through 4 photo's in total, which I hope to put out over this coming week.

Here's what Sean has to say:

"I enjoy BDP very much; I check it regularly while taking breaks at work. I am an American, former serviceman, who was stationed in the UK (Berkshire) for a number of years. I have a very dear friend from Berkshire who now lives in Brighton so I have visited your city a couple of times now.I am attaching 4 photos I took last time I was there (2006). I am by no means a professional photographer... and these photos are not anywhere as nice as your's and the donations you get from photographers. But, I saw your "Desperate call for submissions!" and figured I would send these in hopes that it may help you out while you're slammed at work.Two of the photos were taken at night; I was playing around with nightime settings. The other two are daytime: one of the Juggler Pub that I went to with my friend and the other of a church (you probably know the name of it... I do not) at the end of a road going down to the sea. I did mess around in Photoshop a little with blue filters on the sky in the two daytime photos... to try to get the sky more blue. The nighttime shots I didn't do anything to.Thanks for your work on BDP... it has made a nice diversion for me on many dull afternoons at work. You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful city! I live in Raleigh, NC... a nice enough city but not nearly as scenic as Brighton.Best regards, Sean"

Well Sean - I certainly think this shot is totally justified and is deserving of a place here on BDP - I love the moon on the sea - the street lights on the left and the way the masts are lit by the road lights. Thank you very much.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Brighton Seafront

This time we have a submission in from Emily:

"Loving the site! Been a fan since I visited Brighton from Sydney in March 2008.
Here's a photo of mine from the beachfront. Loved the town so much, I'm heading back in 4 weeks. This time, with a one-way ticket and a working holiday visa.
Keep up the awesome work!"

Here's hoping you have a great time when you're over Emily, and thanks for the submission.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brighton - Down Under!

Here's a pic of Brighton, The only difference is, it’s Brighton in Adelaide, South Australia.

According to my good friend Dean Brazier (who moved there last year) "It’s on my alternative route in to work. Just after turning right at these lights you drive down a hill (and you have THE most fantastic view of Adelaide and its beaches – including Brighton Beach stretching out before you. If you can zoom in – the can see the sign better...

You will also be pleased to note that Hove (SA version) is right next to Brighton as suburbs within Adelaide."

He adds modestly "Not sure if this will qualify for inclusion on your blog – it was taken with my phone, and I’ve zoomed in a little hence quality not so good"

You can catch up with Dean and his family over at his blog site http://braziersinoz.blogspot.com/ A brief snapshot of life in Oz, from a family of 4 who have just taken the plunge, left the UK and headed for Adelaide in South Australia. Watch as we try to build a new life down under. See the new life unfold with all its new challenges, ups and downs and daily dramas.

Friday, January 23, 2009

The Piers

This latest shot in from Paul Dc

He says:

love your blog when im in Btn i always try and take a loads of pics. Here is one that i thought you might like
i also have others on www.flickr.com/photos/pauldc
thanks for a great blog.
This picture was taken on a summers morning 2008 while taking a walk down by the beach

Thank YOU paul for such a great shot with great composition too.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Juan Carlos Merino

Big shout out to Juan Carlos Merino who has sent me 3 pics for Brighton Daily Photo - taken in March 2007 Juan sends along his pics asking us to enjoy them and with his greetings from Spain!

Thanks Juan - I like this way of running BDP!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jade van Drie-Brown

This pic just in from Jade van Drie-Brown, I didn't really get much info with the pic - other than I know it's down by the Arches - and that looks like a wetsuit? Perhaps Jade - you could leave a comment here with a bit of background to the shot.

Thanks and keep them coming in.

Desperate call for submissions

January in the workplace has gone nuts! I simply am struggling to get out to take shots of my beloved city.

So - if you have a photo of Brighton that you'd like to submit to the site - please email me the picture on harveydean_uk@hotmail.com

Would love to hear from you.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sunrise over Brighton Rooftops

Is a wonderful shot from my dear friend Charlotte Cumming who recently left iCrossing (co. where I work) to go and find her fortunes travelling the globe. Nice work Lottie.....I'll get a link up to her blog so we can follow on her travels.

x

Monday, January 12, 2009

The big thaw sets in..

Finally the cold snap has been broken - and in quite dramatic fashion today - horizontal rain, high winds and dismal gre skies.....booo! Bring back the cold.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hove lagoon freezes over

As the freezing conditions continue in the UK, our local lagoon has frozen over - really unusual here on the south coast - it made for some fun this morning - especially those with ice skates!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Fishbowl

Great pies on offer at the Fishbowl pub in the Lanes.........

Monday, January 05, 2009

Let it snow

OK so not quite a deluge - but we woke up to a nice light dusting of snow this morning - with arctic temperatures to boot. Brrrr.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Yer big puddin'

Not a spectacular start to the year, I am aware, however this enormous Christmas pudding adorned the roundabout at the Marina - I hadn't been down there all Xmas - so was surprised today to spot this. It'll be gone tomorrow.